Database modernization for internal services team at major global technology company
- An internal services team at a globally recognized tech company sought to improve downstream self-service business intelligence
- They also needed to redesign data models and ETL processes to support an ever-growing volume of activity and make operations more resilient.
Neal Analytics architects assisted in fixing performance issues and designed a more resilient ETL and data warehousing approach for the services team to improve overall data services. Key activities included:
- Data model analysis and improvements
- Utilization of new features in SQL Server
- Deployment of Virtual Machines within Azure
- Creation of SQL Server cubes
- Creation of a hybrid cloud solution
- Implementation of High Availability / Disaster Recovery.
- Greatly increased performance (ETL efficiency, business intelligence accessibility, etc.)
- ETL process and data warehouse now scale to handle billions of transactions every month
- Continuous improvements are made to the reliability and availability of the database.