Addressing healthcare challenges with best-in-class AI & ML solutions
The National Center for Biotechnology Information states, “Technology drives healthcare more than any other force, and in the future, it will continue to develop in dramatic ways.” Technology will tremendously enhance patient care, reduce medical costs, and catalyze professional decision-making by leveraging data on patients’ medical history, insurance plans, current health status, and financials. So, if we implement AI and ML-based solutions to meet the demand and achieve the goal, the savings could be tremendous. Report analysis by Mckinsey says that big data can save the healthcare industry up to $100B annually.
Image source: World Economic Forum
The above statistics confirm that the demand for better healthcare with faster access and improved results is rapidly rising.
The research shows that better work experience for medical providers has become urgent as they have started suffering a high burnout rate. It happens due to the massive imbalance in demand and availability of healthcare providers. It will then lead to a global deficit of healthcare professionals, thereby increasing the probability of spending more on professionals than we can on technology. Also, the statistics depict the rise in the death rate due to chronic diseases, which automatically demands better patient outcomes, reduced wait times, and automation to improve patient care, medical workers’ burnout, and overall healthcare operational efficiency.
The four pillars of healthcare
At Neal Analytics, we categorize the healthcare industry’s biggest challenges into four pillars. We acknowledge the demand and have focused on strengthening the four main pillars of the healthcare industry.
- Enable personalized care – Enhance patient care by leveraging data-driven insights
- Improve operational outcomes – Focus on improving operational efficiency using AI-based solutions to deliver patient care faster and in an efficient manner
- Protect health information – Staying compliant with regulations to protect and secure the health information of a patient
- Enhance risk mitigation process – Establish a quick and effortless method to identify the risk and measures to either mitigate or eliminate it
Most of the performance issues in the healthcare industry result from the failure of one or more pillars. At Neal, we focus on mapping our solutions around these four pillars and provide the best viable solutions to the problems faced by the healthcare industry.
Enable personalized healthcare
- Preventive healthcare – Act upon early signs of potential health problems and forecast healthcare issues and needs.
- Structure detection and analysis – Create 3D images and automatically tag anomalies with advanced vision AI.
Improve operational outcomes
- Cloud-based FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) integration – Support organizations connect disparate data sources, such as electronic health and medical record systems.
- AI for quality assurance – AI and automation can increase efficiency and assist medical workers in catching more errors
- Automated ICD – 10 coding – Increase efficiency and aid medical workers catch more errors using AI and automation.
- AI-enhanced underwriting – Improve underwriter efficiency at an insurance company using AI and ML.
Protect health information
- Secure and compliant data delivery – Protect health information and stay compliant with healthcare regulations
- HIPAA-compliant and cloud data migration – Help organizations to stay compliant with HIPAA regulations and protect health information.
Enhance risk mitigation process
- Risk scoring for medical claims – Enables the auditing team to incorporate advanced analytics to widen its scope of coverage effectively.
- Claims error reduction – Significantly reduce error rates on processed and audited claims.
Our prime focus is to enhance the patient experience by equipping doctors, nurses, hospital staff, pharmacists, health benefits administrators, and insurers with the right tools for the job.
We aim to improve customer quality of care, enhance risk mitigation and compliance measures, and help carry out healthcare operations more efficiently. We look forward to empowering employees and healthcare workers, improving efficiency, and delivering superior care with industry solution accelerators, modern data environments and applications, and digital consulting support provided by Neal Analytics.
Neal can help organizations who may desire to re-orchestrate their data pipelines to take full advantage of the healthcare solution capabilities we offer. Contact us to learn more.